‘I went viral for failing my GCSEs – now I have my own BBC sitcom’ | 53VC205 | 2024-02-29 21:08:01

New Photo - 'I went viral for failing my GCSEs – now I have my own BBC sitcom' | 53VC205 | 2024-02-29 21:08:01
'I went viral for failing my GCSEs – now I have my own BBC sitcom' | 53VC205 | 2024-02-29 21:08:01

Lucia Keskin has written the sitcom Am I Being Unreasonable? (Picture: BBC / Roughcut TV / Jack Barnes)

Lucia Keskin has a talent for making the things that aren't supposed to be funny, humorous.

Failing her GCSEs and fearing what she was going to do subsequent together with her life shouldn't be hilarious. Nevertheless, Lucia, who makes use of the identify Chi with a C on social media, dramatically opening the envelope and adlibbing as she learn her grades will make your stomach harm.

Upon discovering her G in Spiritual Studies, she reacted: 'God can be so disenchanted in me. "What did you get in my topic?" "A G"'

'Anyone who did take history, in case you failed don't fear, it's all up to now now,' she shared motivationally.

The YouTube video was Lucia's first viral expertise – the eight-minute window into her mind is now sitting at slightly below one million views.

Six years later, Lucia is sat on a set for her very own sitcom – Issues You Ought to Have Achieved, which also stars Selin Hizli from Am I Being Unreasonable? as her uptight, however well-meaning auntie Karen.

Lucia's video has almost one million views (Picture: Chi With A C)

As an alternative of simply Lucia spontaneously reacting to a bit of paper in her bedroom, there are producers, administrators, actors, and digital camera operators bringing her pre-written script to life. Still, one factor stays the same – Lucia is making an attempt to make mild of struggles.

The first episode begins with the primary character, also referred to as Lucia, being advised that her mother and father have died in a automotive crash. Within the next six episodes, she has to discover ways to develop into an grownup.

Lucia was impressed to create something funny about grief after dropping her grandad two years in the past. 'I've all the time liked dark humour and making mild of occasions which are simply horrible. If you're struggling, it may give you aid,' she advised Metro.co.uk.

Lucia is given an inventory of grownup duties to work by means of (Image: BBC / Roughcut TV / Jack Barnes)

Her grandad was all the time somebody who inspired her love of comedy but in addition nervous about her shortage of GCSEs.

'He'll be pleased with me but in addition simply grateful that I acquired a job,' she remarked with amusing.

Having your personal TV show at 23 is a powerful job to say the least, but for Lucia, this can be a long-held dream. At eight years previous, she felt like she was dwelling in a sitcom after watching Mr Bean and Completely Fabulous. 'I lost my thoughts.' By ten years previous, she 'weirded out' her academics by dressing up as them and doing impressions. Her creativity clearly needed an outlet so she started posting on Twitter, before sharing movies on YouTube and Vine 'that no one would watch' as a young person. Now, hundreds of thousands of us are hooked. You could not know her identify but you've doubtless seen considered one of her sketches. She's parodied Selling Sunset, This Morning (which was performed on This Morning), Gavin and Stacey, and The X Factor whereas incomes superstar followers resembling Dawn French and Nicola Coughlan in the course of.

The great thing about the fashionable age is social media can make a star out of anyone – you don't all the time have to have connections in the business – and Lucia has benefited from that however solely on account of her dedication. Each penny she earned on movies went immediately into making extra. The most important expenditure was wigs. While dwelling at her family residence, she had around 100 beneath her bed.

Lucia's social media posts have been watched tens of millions of occasions (Picture: Chi With A C)

Putting your comedy on the internet for anyone to guage might provide the impression that Lucia is confident, but she admits that really, her lack of it's why she chose to share her content material in this method. Finding the thought of drama faculty too scary, she adopted an strategy that gave her distance from the audience.

Lucia by no means predicted that opening her GCSEs would ultimately result in her new present which meant having to carry out in entrance of others on set, however she did have quiet ambition.

'I knew I used to be going to fail my exams so I needed to take advantage of it. In the event you're not assured with it then it's embarrassing.'

She continued: 'What happened subsequent was unintentional, but I feel deep down, this is what I needed.'

After being forged in Channel four's Massive Boys final yr she needed to overcome her fears to realize her objectives, however it wasn't straightforward. 'I used to be terrified. I couldn't eat or sleep, and that led to me fainting.

'It felt like everybody was observing me wanting me to do something. Now I realise they're simply holding a digital camera and waiting to go house.' On her new show, Lucia made their mission more durable as she couldn't make it via some scenes with out laughing – look out for the largely improvised banana scene in episode 4.

Lucia is now more snug on units (Image: BBC / Roughcut TV / Jack Barnes)

Lucia looks like she learnt more in this process than she ever did at college. Used to being a one-man band she's learnt to relinquish some management and settle for all the surface assist, however that does mean having to let go of some jokes.

'At one level, I instructed that we made it so the mother and father weren't truly lifeless and was advised "completely no, that ruins the whole collection".'

Reflecting on the entire experience, Lucia tells us: 'It's a bit ridiculous that I've now received my own present. I don't know how it occurred.

'A collection two can be great, but when not, it was enjoyable.'

Issues You Should Have Finished airs 9pm on BBC Three on Thursdays. The whole collection is on the market to stream on BBC iPlayer.

Obtained a narrative?

In the event you've acquired a star story, video or footage get in contact with the Metro.co.uk leisure group by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to listen to from you.

MORE : Doctor behind brilliant new Covid drama reveals why she's burning with rage

MORE : 'I'm married to a footballer – the glamour comes with sacrifices'

MORE : 'I didn't want to offend with my transmaxxing documentary'

#went #viral #failing #gcses #now #own #bbc #sitcom #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #ShowBiz

More >> https://ift.tt/85xwgDL Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.