I'm a US veteran living in my car in winter – popular heating appliance sucks, finding a solution was difficult | B87LZ5X | 2024-01-04 20:55:11
Rachel has documented her day-to-day life on Youtube including when she lived in her car.
A VETERAN who used to live in her car has revealed how difficult it was just to keep warm.
Rachel has documented her day-to-day life on Youtube including when she lived in her car.

Rachel lived in her car during the winter and struggled to find a solution to keep warm[/caption]

The veteran used a popular heating device but declared that it sucked after a cold night that sparked a midnight trip to Walmart[/caption]
''
While she still camps in her vehicle when traveling, Rachel now has her own condo.
The veteran was waiting for the condo to be completed when she lived in her vehicle to save money.
On her channel @RachelinRealLife, she shared with viewers the struggle to stay warm during the winter while sleeping in an SUV.
The video which documented the ninth day of her car camping journey has been viewed over 86,000 times.
In her military uniform, Rachel got ready for work while she updated viewers on the previous night.
"I tested out my little personal space heater thing and it sucks," she said.
"I had it on the board here and I was laying in my bed and could feel cold air, and I'm like what in the world? I thought maybe it just needed to warm up. It didn't need to warm up at all. It just has like no power.
"But I just let it go thinking that maybe it would just warm up the interior of my car – it didn't."
She then had a relatively sleepless night in which she watched YouTube videos about space heaters and how others warm up their cars.
Some recommended that those camping in cars use a butane stove which she had in storage.
However, because it was buried so deeply in her storage unit, Rachel drove to Walmart during the night to buy a new stove.
"I just want the air to be warm inside, so I decided to buy another stove," she told viewers.
No further update was given on the effectiveness of the butane stove but the veteran was shocked at how tricky it was to find a solution.
"It is always cold! Obviously, what would one expect living in a vehicle in the winter?" she wrote in the video description.
"I understood this, having camped in the cold.
"I just didn't anticipate it would be as difficult to find a solution for this."
In the comments, others revealed that they also had to do some research after usual methods failed.
"Just started the SUV life…Came across your video because I realized it's so cold at night so I was doing some research," one viewer said.
"The butane stove for heating is a good idea, don't know why I didn't think of using mine when I was freezing on my first camping trip at 10,000 ft elevation. I had to resort to using tealight candles," another said.
Rachel replied in the comments: "Yes! Certainly doesn't have a clearance issue over the top of the burner like the Little Buddy.
"How did the candles work? I've seen people use them.2
Meanwhile, others suggested that butane stoves "only work well in certain temperatures" and that car campers should "wear a polyester moisture-wicking undershirt, then a 100% wool sweater and beanie, then have a fleece jacket over the wool sweater" to stay warm.

Rachel purchased a butane stove in a bid to keep warm while others recommended tea lights and moisture-wicking clothing[/caption]
More Suff
#us #uk #world #nz #HappyHour #la #ca #nyc #lndn #manila #politics #ArmUkraineASAP #sport #showbiz #fashion #PicOfTheDay #celebrities #motors #tech #InstaGood #top #QuoteOfTheDay #news #I'm a US veteran living in my car in winter – popular heating appliance sucks, finding a solution was difficult | B87LZ5X | 2024-01-04 20:55:11 Source: ALEX MAG