I drove my van 3k miles to the Arctic – I was in the vehicle 24/7 because there’s ‘no way to survive’ freezing temps | B87LZ5X | 2024-01-04 20:55:11

New Photo - I drove my van 3k miles to the Arctic – I was in the vehicle 24/7 because there's 'no way to survive' freezing temps | B87LZ5X | 2024-01-04 20:55:11
I drove my van 3k miles to the Arctic – I was in the vehicle 24/7 because there's 'no way to survive' freezing temps | B87LZ5X | 2024-01-04 20:55:11

The driver detailed the cold weather trek inside their Mercedes-Benz cargo van in a

A DRIVER has spent multiple days inside of their car driving to the northernmost tip of North America.

The driver detailed the cold weather trek inside their Mercedes-Benz cargo van in a YouTube video.

YouTube/ Living The Van Life

A YouTuber drove for days in his Mercedes-Benz van to norhern Alaska[/caption]

YouTube/ Living The Van Life

Chad said he couldnt escape his van for days[/caption]

'

Chad, a van-lifer (@LivingtheVanLife), took to the road in his first cargo can in 2011.

The YouTuber used to drive an older Volkswagen Westfalia van.

But he upgraded to a newer, renovated Mercedes-Benz livable van, allowing him to take on more daring routes.

The trek to Deadhorse, Alaska, took him more than 16 days to travel the 3,600 miles from his home in Washington State.

It took 90 hours of driving and several 24-hour periods of complete isolation inside the van.

"Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the top of the world," he said, standing in front of the door to the northern city.

He reported a temperature of negative-35 degree Farhenheit.

"It's cold – it's barren out here," he said.

"But this is a crazy, bustling little industrial town that is up here for the black gold of oil."

THE DASH TO THE ARCTIC

Chad said it was impossible to get out of the van during the trek northward.

"I'm used to living in my van full-time – that's no big deal," he said.

"the thing about this particular trip up here in this kind of weather and this kind of climate is the fact that you are in the van non-stop."

He said much of the traveling was spent in weather that couldn't support a campfire.

REPORTING FROM THE TOP OF THE WORLD

Chad said the impermanent town of Deadhorse is a snow and ice-covered wonder – but its all set to be taken down in years.

People flew into town, attracted by the mad dash to generate oil and its profits.

Truckers also make the trek up to the city to transport new oil stock to refineries.

The town, once made up of an exclusive population of indigenous people, operates on leases that understand the impermanence of gas reserves.

Every piece of gravel, industry, and non-indigenous human capital is contracted to vacate the land once the reserves dry up, Chad said.

"That's crazy to think about," Chad said.

"Everything's gotta come out of here just like it made its way on here."


More Suff
#us #uk #world #nz #HappyHour #la #ca #nyc #lndn #manila #politics #ArmUkraineASAP #sport #showbiz #fashion #PicOfTheDay #celebrities #motors #tech #InstaGood #top #QuoteOfTheDay #news #I drove my van 3k miles to the Arctic – I was in the vehicle 24/7 because there's 'no way to survive' freezing temps | B87LZ5X | 2024-01-04 20:55:11 Source: ALEX MAG

 

CORR MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com